Thursday, June 10, 2010

Creepy old lady

Weepin', sleepin' and hide. Familiar allies in my battle. I say allies, maybe the enemy instead? Either way, I manage to hold them at arm's length only so long before they win. Yesterday they won.

When I get that much sleep, I do remember dreaming. Not the dream itself, just snippets. The mind's intricacies fascinate me. What makes us individuals somehow resides in the mind. Yeah, yeah, neurons, etc. I cannot wrap what thought processes I have around that concept.

Connie bailed me out yesterday. She called, asked how I was. I said fine. She said OK, now tell me how you really are. At the point she called, my mind was not in a good place. Not suicidal, but thinking how death could be a relief.

In my early adult years, I remember a PSA about the elderly and depression. I apparently filed those images in my mind's archive. Just now, they fell out of the folder and landed in my consciousness. Once you get mired in the mental muck, you need help getting out. If only I would follow my own advice.

If you have no expectations, disappointment does not look for you.
* * *
Just call me the bug killer. I had the whole gang coming in and out of the gaps under my doors and windows. Well, I got a bottle of borax at the dollar store, sprinkled some where I noticed the most critters and voila! non ici!!
* * *
Cheers, dude.

Later.

1 comment:

  1. "Creepy" is the last word I'd ever use to describe you. **Hugs** from Houston, lady!

    :-)

    M.

    ReplyDelete