Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Go ask Alice

One of my FB friends insists she needs to look like one of her cartoons. She oozes talent and brains. Fright wig red seems to lure many young folks. Just a generational thing, I think. Alice, here, represents one of my friend's tamer creations. Ah, youth.
* * *
Because of an insurance snafu, yesterday I paid full price for a couple of prescription refills. What costs $14 for the two with insurance costs $77 without. So I get to spend time on the phone this morning fixing this mess.

Competency of the masses declines. People no longer know how to make change. Forget spelling. I saw many a wedding form for the newspaper with atrocious spelling. By teachers! If our teachers cannot spell, we indeed face ruin.

I guess I join a chorus of distinguished naysayers. Did not the ancients lament the ways of youth?
* * *
I friended a young cystic on FB. He lives in the UK. His status updates frighten me. He smokes, he parties, he cannot blow. Duh. Denial. Dude. The teen angst combined with a demanding disease equals a recipe for disaster. I am not sure I can handle that. Even from afar and impersonal.
* * *
Sometimes I do not want to be my own advocate. I miss the help a partner extends. I crave something I will never have. I so know where you were coming from.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment