Saturday, June 26, 2010

Way to go

My world shifts under my feet. Life moves and grows and, as unsettled as the changes leave me, only two choices present themselves. I choose to continue.

I never claim change as a pal. Change leans toward incidiousness -- creeping in under the veneer. I wake up to find a whole new picture. Some changes hit full face. Some come out of nowhere, some you see coming  from a great distance. Coping and adjusting, coping and adjusting. No one gets a guarantee.

Throw in the human element. Some people drift in and out of our lives. Nelda from fifth grade. She shaved her legs. David from college. He kept us all laughing and died from AIDS. Major from work. He soon departed for bigger and better places. He is Washington correspondent for Fox.

Other people hang around a bit. Marty, Karen, Vivian. Then inevitable change scatters us.

Some friends go through most of our life changes with us. They stand beside us or behind us or ahead of us to make sure we continue on the path. They share the heartaches and joys with us. They grow to be as much a part of us as fingers or hair.

People line our paths so we too can help them. When you fail to reach out to someone you know needs a hand or kind word, you fail yourself most of all. You lose an opportunity of a lifetime every time.
* * *
WC: Spain looking good. Torres still off his game. Portugal, Brazil, The Netherlands. Hmmm.
* * *
Dude, I appreciate where you came from and those who shaped your life. I am grateful for the opportunity.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment