Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Colors of my life

My kaleidoscopic life shifts again. A slight nudge and the whole pattern changes. A colorful, fascinating show, sure to delight and entertain. Humph.

I am powerless to stop the shifting shapes, and they mesmerize me.

At times, I focus on the pile of darker shapes at the bottom. Useless as they seem, soon they will combine their strength to change the picture dramatically. Often the tiniest piece causes the biggest shift.

The constant movement separates pieces which fit so uniquely for a sole pattern. A shift or movement followed by awareness of a new pattern and the slowly fading memory of the last one.

Every piece in my kaleidoscope shines at one time or another. Some play prominently in several of the compositions, some fall to the pile at the bottom often.
* * *
I confess I use a questionable diversion in the mornings so I can write. I throw a treat party for the boys. Open pouch, shake treats around on the floor in the living room and soon the guys are following their noses and munching. No fussing at me. Free time.
* * *
I finally gave in to the craving. Sometimes you do what you gotta do. I ate half a 12-inch deep dish supreme pizza and almost a dozen cookies yesterday. Not in one sitting, by the way. Results: gained two pounds and cankles. Maybe now the urge will cease.
* * *
True friends rise to the surface when the waters are rough.
* * *
Later, dude.






No comments:

Post a Comment