Friday, May 21, 2010

Upside of down

Once again I face a blank blog page.

Last night, when the steroids wired me so tight I almost hummed, I could have filled more than the alloted space. Now this morning, before I medicate myself, I am kinda like dirty dishwater. I know, you do not want to go there. Me either.
***
Some of the smallest gestures at unexpected times warm my heart. I wonder if that always has been so and I am just now gaining appreciation, or if my isolation (mostly self-imposed) forces me to awareness.

For instance, the more I learn about your family, the more I love you. I realize now I barely scratched the surface of you. But you let me have enough of the puzzle pieces to form a reasonably accurate picture.

Graciousness. Caring. Talent. Good hearts. Loving. These all fit into the big picture. Some of the sky and ground clutter are lost, but that does not keep me from seeing the image.

Thanks for taking me in. Thanks for accepting me. I treasure what you have done for me.

Then add to the list friends who accepted my heart when I stuck it out. One or two in particular in Chicago. And CFers. Compartmentalized neatly behind glass that shattered when you died.

* Sigh *

Later.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Cindy, it's Jan (changed the title of my blog) from PH Chat(however rare I show up now) and facebook. I'm sorry you are isolated, even by choice. I feel that way a lot..but not from my own choosing. It does make you appreciate little things...or gives you a different perspective of things. I hope your corner of the world is bright and sunny today..or at least in the corner of your mind if it's not. God bless your day. You are a beautiful person and I feel blessed to have met you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. CL, sometimes you break my heart. I would love to visit with you sometime.

    ReplyDelete