Sunday, May 23, 2010

On a familiar path

I thought I did not want to write today. Between my infection and my general worn out, I figured a break would serve well.

TW's wife takes a path of which I am familiar. Though mourning falls to each of us in our own way, those of us who have been on that walk look back with understanding. We can reach out to help you out of the depths; we can steer you away from the pitfalls; we can stand a little ahead so you can see we still stand. In spirit, we hold you up as you move along.

If sleeping with the flag from his coffin comforts you, do it. If talking aloud to him makes him nearer, do it.

Our loved ones remain in our hearts as long as they beat. No one can take that away from us.
* * *
Only we know if our motives are pure.

Later.

P.S. Just now I discovered something which greatly saddens me. I understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment