Sunday, May 2, 2010

Hiding love away


Somehow this tune seems appropriate today. Enjoy.




Yesterday the CF world lost two of its own and buried a third. At this point in my life, I am in the cyberworld of death and misery. The real world also challenges me.

First the cyberworld.

I have a disease -- pulmonary hypertension -- which ranks on the charts of diseases as rare. When I first learned of this, I went web trolling. What I found scared the crap out of me. Then I found the Pulmonary Hypertension Association and the wonderful people who visit the chat room. I learned all about my disease and how to take charge.

Now I am one of the "senior" chatters. We extended that community to FB. Through the chat feature, we can talk anytime. I now know many wonderful people from all across the country and around the world as well.

Because of the rarity of my disease, I know a great percentage of its sufferers. Death does overtake some of us.

The CF milieu faces death much more frequently, it seems, and the ones who leave this world leave so much earlier. There exists a sadness there. But also great joy. The community cares for its own.

My real world features conflict, sorrow, uncertainty, unhappiness, depression. My real world also offers joy, love, appreciation. Both aspects teach me, temper me and mold me.

Sometimes the combination of worlds weighs heavy. My friends always manage to toss me the life buoy. Thanks, guys.

* * *
I will always care.

Later.

1 comment: