Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Rockin' with nature

Yesterday humidity hung in the air like a translucent curtain. Last night, Mother Nature finally erupted into a bitch fit. Ms. Nature uses our area as her laboratory. When she needs attention, she mixes up some nasty mocus overhead and hurls it across the area and into Okieland. Last night she was testing her fits, vintage 2010.

A former colleague, Alex, took this shot as Mother's brew started to gain potency during a storm last year. Last night, Mother yelled and screamed and cursed for a few hours, but finally decided to call it a night.
* * *
I have reached the point in my illness where I wonder if one more day of isolation will serve me or not. I have a growing list of errands that add pressure in the decision-making process.

The food situation remains steady, though I seriously thought about driving to the store for ice cream and cookies about 6 p.m. yesterday. Thanks goodness that urge went away. I had French toast instead.
* * *
Thanks for being my friend.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment