Friday, May 28, 2010

Holes in my heart

The whole world seems a bit off.

The weather throws her fits earlier this year. Most everyone I know stresses. And even the people who seldom fall to illness find themselves down.

Bright spots burst through occasionally. Old friends reconnecting. An email. A phone call. The spontaneity of a child.
* * *
I finally did some chores that hung over my head and weighed me down. Tape, CD in the mail.

Sometimes a simple act can turn into the biggest hassle. Wonder why that is?

Silence deafens.

Everyone acts. Some work at perfecting the art.
* * *
I have your IMs, your pictures, your music -- remnants of a friendship. The evidence we existed.

I think I knew from the beginning our time would be short. Each moment both taken for granted and relished. I wanted to be there for you. I wanted to be there for me.

I do not bring out these treasures. They remain just out of sight, ready for the call.

Dude, it's another miss you day.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment