Thursday, May 27, 2010

Tell me why

Some questions never find answers. You pick them up and turn them every which way, but you never discover the hidden latch or trigger to unlock their mystery.

For some questions, the answers reveal themselves in time. Rather like a crossword puzzle. Slowly filled in.

For some questions, we know the answers but refuse for a variety of reasons to acknowledge them.

Questions, like worry beads, always are there.

Did I do the right thing? Did I fail you? Did I fail me?

The what if questions have to be the most destructive.

I know in my heart you were leaving no matter what. Nothing I could do would change that. But I wonder why you chose to tell me what you did. I wonder why it went down the way it did. I will never know.

Later.

1 comment:

  1. You are so right, the what if questions can run us down...just know whatever ya did, you did as you thought was right at the time..as a great friend...
    Hugs to ya CL and hope ya are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete