Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The wind blows free

TW, your long courageous fight nears an end. Many, many of us will miss your booming personality. Your stalwart fight serves as an example to us all. Peace, my friend. You have earned your rest.
* * *
Another young PHriend's battle may come to a close soon, too. He somehow became too sick for a transplant, all the while in the hospital. Now I learn his lung collapsed. I hear through the grapevine he wants to go home. Peace to you, too.
* * *
The wind blew hard enough yesterday to bend new trees to the ground. On medical center hill, elderly couples literally clung to the lightpoles. More than once, a younger person rescued an elderly man or woman. Aidan and I sat in Connie's big SUV and rocked and shook. A brown fog painted the sky.

The wind bent the grass much like we test bristles on a paintbrush. The patterns in the grass rippled in tempo with the slightly changing velocity of the wind.

 Not a single bird braved the skies. Suprisingly, very little debris filled the air except an occasional paper ripped from the hands of a ill-prepared person.

I walked Connie about 50 feet to the door of the building. I had to use my inhaler for the first time in months.

Connie pinched a nerve in her back lifting a 24-can carton of Dr Pepper for me. She hurts enough that she went to the doctor. She deals with pain all the time with her arthritis and seldom takes aspirin. I hope the drugs the doc gave her help and she takes them like she should.
* * *
Sold out. Pretty darn good, dude.

I miss you muchly.

Later.

1 comment:

  1. Hugs to ya CL..so sad with all the heart ache..

    Hope Connie gets back in gear soon..
    Miss ya...Lots of hugs to ya..Luv ya..

    ReplyDelete