Monday, May 10, 2010

Music to my ears

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSn3UJU1lzI

Almost Famous. I did not see the movie, but the soundtrack rocks.

My musical tastes run typical for my generation. Heavy metal once topped my list -- I still can appreciate Zep every now and then. Folk? You bet. Denver, Nitty Gritty, Judi, Carole, Joni. Americana or traditional like Emmy Lou or Rosanne makes me feel good. Down and dirty blues. Making the guitar sing and cry: Clapton, Winter, King, Waters, Vaughn. Let's not forget country boys Willie, Waylon, Walker, Williams and Wills. Wow.

I grew up listening to musical and movie soundtracks. Then came Buddy Knox, Buddy Holly, Tennessee Ernie Ford and Molly Bee and Jimmy Dean. Elvis and Ed Sullivan. The Hollies, The Beatles, The Dave Clark Five, Herman's Hermits.

Rubber Soul was the first album I bought. I played it over and over on a cheap record player.

After I moved away from home, I bought a component system. I amassed a large collection of vinyl. Some really great music. I left them in Florida along with a promise from a friend to ship them to me. He was not a friend.

Over the ensuing years, I replaced some of the missing vinyl, first with cassette tapes then with CDs.

Now I am happy playing what I have and listening to others on YouTube.

At the top of my blog, there is a link to a wonderful CD. Not only do you get great original music, but you help someone who has cf. What a great deal.
* * *
 OK, dude. I miss you. I care.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment