Sunday, May 16, 2010

Queso, queso

Connie and I went to Tacos Garcia to share some queso yesterday. I sat facing a middle-aged couple who sat side by side. How romantic, right? Well, sorta. She held an iPhone to her ear with one hand and shoveled food into her mouth with the other. The usual Saturday morning menudo crowd had the restaurant hopping. Add to that music with lots of brass. I could hear every word of the woman's conversation. At one time, she got up and left. Her companion ate chips and hot sauce like a hungry lion that had just made a kill.

I love to watch people.
* * *
Sometimes I feel like a sticky ball rolling across a dirty carpet. The trash I pick up causes me to slow down. The ball becomes lopsided and the motion bumpy.
* * *
Funny how a word or two dropped indiscriminately can change our whole world. How a single hello makes life pleasurable. Most of the time we do not know the affect of our actions. Sometimes we are lucky enough to see. The karma thing.

Another side to the equation exists, too. Allowing any and everyone to run our life because we do not want to offend. We need to respect ourselves.

We need to forgive ourselves, too. Yep, I crapped out today. I vow to try harder. Make decisions for yourself, not the way you think others expect you to do. And, if for some reason the decision proves wrong, learn and move on. Don't forget thankfulness.
* * *
 I miss you today and every day.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment