Sunday, May 9, 2010

Wildfire

He's like an untamed mustang, running first one way, then another. Harness the energy and watch out. He exudes a burning desire to succeed. The only tether that holds him he affixes himself.

His shadow at his heels, he breaks into a exuberant dash. Shadow meets his pace in tandem effortlessly. Freedom ever calls, reality drags him back. The small taste keeps him dreaming of moonlit meadows, the wind at his back. His reality of rocky harsh desert scorches him.

I stand on a hill watching him race. I silently send warnings. Dare I speak aloud? Will instinct take over? I continue to watch. I am the observer.
* * *
I can have cookies and ice cream for dinner, right? I ate everything in sight yesterday it seemed. I ate my way through leftovers, a third of a loaf of French bread, three-fourths of a box of French cookies with extra dark chocolate on top and a large mug of Blue Bell's Happy Tracks.

I treked around a Wallyworld supercenter. Connie and I laughed out loud until tears rolled down our cheeks.
* * *
No regrets, just love.

Later.

1 comment:

  1. I've had ice cream for dinner before. Add some nuts to it, maybe a banana or something, and you've got some healthy stuff happening. lol

    ReplyDelete