Friday, March 19, 2010

Let him eat cake

Bruce and I shared a wonderful couple of hours yesterday.

Poor Tanya ran around town outfitting her future son-in-law for a wedding that started out as a simple ceremony at the justice of peace and morphed into a church, new clothes, flowers and a cake. The original plan offered more formal nuptials sometime in the future. Tanya had two days to perform magic. Somehow she did. My respect for her grows.

Before Tanya left, she emphasized that Bruce needed to get up at 10, eat and take his medicines.

When I awakened him, I asked what he wanted to eat, thinking maybe some of the lasagna Sean brought. Nope. Bruce hankered for red velvet cake, which happened to be sitting on the cabinet in the kitchen untouched. He's allowed. Real men eat cake for breakfast.

A little less than two hours later, she returned with her purchases and Rudy, the next companion for Bruce, in tow. She had more errands to do.

I relished my time with Bruce. I always do. Each time I visit him adds another memory to my cache, for which I am grateful.

Today, Bruce is father of the bride. Enjoy.
* * *
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9PpEz1eKV0
* * *
Why do we start "getting it" about the time it nears the end? Never mind. Got it.
* * *
Forgive my banality. I strive for better but do not always hit the mark.
* * *
Thoughts of you drift across my consciousness like clouds on a summer's day.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment