Tuesday, March 9, 2010

You make my heart sing

I have an Illegal Smile. My heart sings. Thanks, Dave.
* * *
Yesterday the temperature allowed me to open the kitchen window for most of the day. The smells kept the boys busy, ecstasy written on their furry faces. Today it's back to winter. The heater has kicked on numerous times.

The weather has a Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde thing going this time of year. The season does its best to keep us unwell. And budding daffodils and the fruit trees never have a chance. All this signals spring's arrival -- and, oh yes, the wind. Relentless, day in and day out, 40-50 mph wind. With the wind comes Lubbock dirt and pollen.
* * *
Cheryl's lung transplant was the first in Louisiana since the hurricane. The Times-Picayune had a front page story on her and the program. She continues to amaze me with her grit.

Vickie also thrives as does Kirsop. What miracles!!
* * *
Some days you seem so close. I miss you so much, dude.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment