Thursday, March 4, 2010

Modern medical marvels


A call yesterday from Cheryl considerably brightened my day. She sounded full of energy despite the long day she had put in. She had had a bronch the day before, so her voice sounded raspy. Gayle posted this picture. Doesn't she look great?

The Times-Picayune interviewed her and took pictures for a feature story. My friend will become a stah.

Today marks a month since Cheryl got new lungs. Kirsop got his just a week before she did. Fellow Texan Vickie received her new lungs yesterday. From what her sister posts, Vickie thrives too.

I marvel at medical science. Michael Crichton took a look at the near future in his medical thrillers. Some procedures that were products of the author's imagination benefit patients today. Scary, huh? Wonder what the ancients would think?

Cancer confounds science. Researchers have made inroads, but the disease continues to claim lives. Bruce's war has shifted from skirmishes to all out fighting. The enemy prepares to make its final assault, all the while, Bruce fights. The docs have brought in the big guns. I wish I were half the person Bruce is. I love you, dude.

Make this a day of joy. Find the good. Make someone else's life a little easier or better. The kindness will return twofold. Stranger or loved one, everybody needs a boost. Try it.

I grin when I think of you.

Later.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, Cheryl looks amazing...I am so happy and amazed at how well she has done!! But, I always knew she is a full of spunk!!..So many Phriends are getting lungs and a start to a new life. That is so much to be thankful for.

    Hope your day is great, Cl...Hugs to ya ..

    ReplyDelete