Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Life's rewards

Today I feel the urge to count blessings. We all need to do this occasionally, otherwise we get mired in the negative. I learned over the years we all have positives, even in the darkest hours of our lives. Sometimes it takes lots of digging to find the good, but in digging, we turn up some gems.

The biggest and best gems of my life come under the heading of friend.

Connie stands by me when I am stupid. She lends a hand more often than I can count. She listens when I am hurting. Words really cannot describe her. She is a lifetime friend; everyone needs a Connie in their lives.

I have found many, many friends on the Pulmonary Hypertension Association website. Each of them shows me how to have grace under the worse of circumstances. People who don't have the disease, or something similar, have no idea what my friends go through on a daily basis, but still have such positive outlooks. Here's to you, examples all.

Then there are the friends of my journalism world. We grew up together, partied together and became disillusioned together. Such idealists, but I would not have it any other way. Some of you went on to star in your profession. Others made the decision to try new paths. FB allows us to keep in touch. I am blessed.

I am blessed by having enough for necessities and some to share. For selfish reasons, I enjoy surprising others in need. Try it sometime. Pay it forward in the fast food line and see how great it makes you feel. One small kindness might start an avalanche that cannot be stopped.

Pogo and Satchmo bless me. For a minimal amount of effort and coin, I have entertainment 24/7, plus willing, nonjudgmental ears.

Dude, you were a blessing to me.

Later.

1 comment:

  1. Hi CL..
    Why am I just now seeing this? Is this my CRS acting up again?
    I am happy to read your Blog. It just reminded me o update mine. I think it helps to get our thought out.

    I am blessed to have you as a PHriend in my life..Hugs to ya..

    ReplyDelete