Saturday, March 6, 2010

Yet again


Racheal left us yesterday.

Rach, as we affectionately called her, reached out to me when I went to PHA chat for the first time. She gave me her number and told me to call if I had questions or just wanted to talk privately.

Her chat login name was Mableseal. I often wondered why and never got around to asking.

Someone gave a kitten to Rach. She always had dogs and was unsure about the whole thing. The PH chatters helped Rach decide on a name -- Onyx. Onyx exhibited orneryness from the start. She climbed curtains and legs. She bit toes and Rach's flolan line. Gradually Onyx worked her way into the family.

Rach sported one of the kindess hearts I know. She quickly extended a hand to everyone. PH greatly taxed her, but she often made light of her pain, worried instead about someone else.

Rach and Shannon recently had moved into their own house. The house needed some work and Rach tackled those projects with love and joy. She took in her father-in-law, who has medical issues of his own.

Positive describes Rach to a T. Oh, she could vent with the best of us, but most often she was upbeat.

Rach had a strong faith in God and that carried her across the rough times. She gave her two children a good foundation. When her son became overly worried about her health and dying, she had him log into PH chat so he could see many of us living with PH and carrying on with our lives. I had a couple of good chats with her son.

Last night, Shannon came to chat. He said Rach would expect him there then more than ever. We told Shannon how much Rach meant to us. I hope he found some comfort. We welcome him always. He is a member of our family.

Rach, you set the standard high.
Tell Mason hello.

I miss you too, dude.

Later.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful post, Cindy. I missed Shannon in chat last night, but I hope to see him more often if/when he's ready. And I think her name on the PH boards and chat were the initials for her two kids. Hugzzz to you!

    ReplyDelete