Sunday, March 14, 2010

Time well spent

Tanya asked me to stay with Bruce yesterday while she ran some errands.

Bruce and I talked for a bit, but my faulty hearing (mom was right about rock'n'roll) and his quiet mumbles soon grew taxing for us. Tanya had suggested I read a chapter of his book to him, so I picked up the book.

I would not choose "The War Within: Secret White House History 2006-2008" to read for pleasure. Bruce, on the other hand, prefers history. So I began. I promptly read Bruce to sleep.

Sitting there in the glider rocker (I really must have one) watching Bruce sleep, I thought about him and his feline friends.

Al, the lone long-haired sib, loves me. His sweetness and adoration gushes. The minute I enter his house, Al follows me. Gracie, the formerly shy lone female of the litter, suddenly decided to be social. She begged for affection though she did not venture onto my lap. Teddy, the long sleek male, does not stray far from Bruce. Teddy fulfills his role as protector, and does it well. Tiger, the fourth sib, had many health problems and waits at the rainbow bridge.

I glided. One of the windows was open and the morning sun flooded the sill. A slight breeze moved the white curtains rhythmically. I could hear a fan in the distance click its cadence. A sensual feast for the taking.

Bruce slept and I received all the blessings.

* * *

I miss you something fierce.

Later.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZXBw-9gyc0

No comments:

Post a Comment