Monday, March 1, 2010

That about covers it

I do not mind getting older.

The mental of it does not present an issue for me. And so far, the physical has not either. Oh sure, I do not run marathons (though I never did), and I have made adjustments to compensate for infirmities.

Changes in my skin concern me the most. From my elbows to the first knuckle of my fingers looks like I have some awful disease. Any scrape or hit causes purple-red spots on my skin. I look like the victim of abuse.

Bruises cover various spots from my knees to my ankles and from my elbows to my shoulders. At least they represent a wide range of hues.

The slightest bump causes these marks of aging. Being careful does not help; lay most of the blame on medications. So I wear my badges with pride, or least without shame.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment