Saturday, September 4, 2010

Good medicine

Yesterday's appointment with doc was so necessary.

He added me at the end of the day when he and all of his staff's thoughts focused on the long holiday weekend. To a person, they treated me with love and caring. One of his nurses actually hugged me when Connie and I were leaving.

Doc spent all kinds of time explaining his reasoning and answering the questions I had hastily written earlier.

Everything he told me swirls in my head. I cannot seem to herd the thoughts from the mind to the fingers. Strays keep wandering off.

I should get the Tyvaso next week. Hopefully I will begin to feel better. Doc detected some wheezing, so I guess that problem will continue to plague me. Doc approved the extra lasix when I need it, but said to add potassium on those days. He mentioned fluid consumption, too. I have gained 5 pounds since I left the hospital, but he was not as concerned about my weight as I am.

I slept well last night, but I think I need a nap -- now.

Thinking of you.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment