Sunday, September 26, 2010

A page from Putt

I declare today a no work day.

I can do that 'cause I am the boss. Being boss of one presents challenges. I own a fine resume, but now I do not need most of that experience. So the boss flounders sometimes.

I binged yesterday on sweets. I went to the grocery store and basically bought meat, potatoes and sweets -- ice cream and two kinds of cookies. I gained a pound overnight from that little indulgence. 

The Baggies make a run for this year's dark horse in the EPL. Humm. I guess I should look at the club's players. Without you, the fun, and competition, dulls. I still love footy, as the English say, but the excitement falls short, rather like week-old chess pie.

I am amazed how quickly a clean kitchen becomes the wreck of the Hesperus. A couple of meals and snacks, down she goes. The dredging process begins anew, only not today, the boss says.

Satchmo reminds me of a fat possum waddling down the road, only he out-handsomes the possum by a mile. He eats "light" cat food. He also cleans up after Pogo, who remains his regular slim self. Momo truly has a slow metabolism.

TV is all enamored with football. Hey guys, remember baseball? Another month, then emphasize football.

My tailbone lets me know every now and then the healing process needs a little more time. The boss says get with the program. Enough already.

You still reside in my heart.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment