Tuesday, September 7, 2010

War on buzz

The invasion starts. Yesterday the flies clung to the kitchen window looking for warmth. The air conditioning causes them grief. (I suppose the time of year also has something to do with their numbers.) Pogo and Satchmo displayed their great hunter skills for half a day and then grew weary of the game. So I purchased a fly swatter and joined the fun.

Jimini's relatives decided to take up residence in my apartment as well. The boys found this game more fun, after all these guys can jump. Still, after an hour or so with bodies littering the apartment from one end to the other, the lure of a nap won. I played my role of insect mortician and disposed of the bodies.
* * *

Connie and I used our brains yesterday and went to PetSmart and the grocery. Energy wise, two stops worked out well.
* * *
I emailed a copy of the spoon theory to my brother, who shared with mom. I am hoping the piece will help them understand why some days I cannot do anything. If you are unfamiliar with the spoon theory, below is the link. The story is lengthy, but quite good.

http://www.butyoudontlooksick.com/navigation/BYDLS-TheSpoonTheory.pdf
* * *
The past three months or so I seem to hide more. I realize I am failing my friends. Am I being selfish? Am I scared? How can I help my friends when I cannot help myself? Is this faulty thinking?
* * *
Always, Dude.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment