Thursday, September 2, 2010

Keeping me honest

To make a long story short, I talked to the doc's nurse today after she called me three times and I failed to call her back. The scale nurse (provided by the insurance co.) called the doc even though I asked him not to. So I just did not answer the calls from my doc's nurse. But Connie, my friend, said I would die if I continued to play doc myself. So I finally called doc's nurse back. I told her my symptoms and she later called back and asked me to come in to the office tomorrow afternoon.

I have asked Connie to go with me for a couple of reasons. I hope doc understands. I need her there to prod me to tell him all the symptoms. I tend to downplay everything, Connie says. I also want her there to listen for me. Maybe I filter out what I do not want to hear.

I almost feel like tomorrow will play out like "Gunfight at the OK Corral," and I am not on Doc Holliday's side. (Great movie, by the way. One of the must-sees.)

Now I worry that I will offend doc if I bring someone with me. Gee, I get so tired of myself sometimes. I am me, but sometimes I do not like me at all.

Connie said I would die. Is that what I want? Or do I want someone to tell me please do not die? Affirm I am worthy of life itself.

Help dude. I need you.

Later.




3 comments:

  1. Hugs Cindy...Stop playing Doc, I know I do that too..Manny has threatened to take me to hospital several times..never really sure just what to do..Good Luck tomorrow..and take care of yourself..us PHriends need ya ..and you are such a valuable friend..Hope Connie can help ya get some clearer answers.. Luv ya :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please don't die!!! You are more than worthy! I need you!!

    Your doctor is not going to mind your bringing someone with you! In fact he or she will welcome it! Please let your doctor know everything.. it's important!

    Don't make me come there and kick your butt!!!! Because I will!!!
    Love ya!
    Hugs and Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so easy to tell our phriends they need to call their doctor, or they need to go to the ER when they are describing worsening symptoms and conditions. And yet, when it comes to us deciding that for ourselves, we never want to take the safe route and go or make that call. I am glad Connie is there for you to make you do the things you do not want. She obviously cares alot of about you, and you are worth it to her! You are a worthy person to many of us, so please take care of yourself! There is no reason to get sicker b/c you're hesitant to get any help. HUGS!!

    ReplyDelete