Friday, September 17, 2010

The insider

I stole this blog post idea from JW. (Truth in blogging.)

I am pretty sure this blog would surprise many folks. Most of them see the outward me, but have no idea about the inward me. I am adept at camouflage. So why throw myself out there so publically? For several reasons.

At this time of my life, I would like to be liked for who I am. I may not be around much longer and I do not want to waste time. If people see the real me and still want to be in my life, then I know there lies a good basis for friendship.

I hope I cause people to stop and think. The man sitting confidenty at the bus stop probably owns insecurities himself. Everyone puts on an armor of sorts every time they leave home. For some the armor becomes permanent. The man inside dries up and dies but the outer shell remains to carry on.

Doc told me I needed a purpose. He hits the mark once again. I must have lost mine about the time I lost my job. Ever since, I have meandered along doing nothing. The blog represents a commitment.

Some days the words flow from my fingers. Other days I sit and stare at the screen and drink coffee. Pogo sits beside my chair and offers suggestions.

OK, enough staring. Miss you, Dude.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment