Thursday, September 30, 2010

Goodbye, September

Hello, fall. Though the season change appeared on the calendar, Mother Nature has other ideas this year. Why not jump from the 90s to 40s overnight? So far, the weather tends toward summer rather than fall.

This health thing offers such diversity when one ages. Especially if the health thing involves the lungs. I am afraid bronchitis wants to join the gang as a semi regular. When the gang starts vying for attention, the symptoms often get jumbled. Then a diagnosis might pose challenges.

Diagnosis depends so much on the way a patient can explain the symptoms. And with the lungs, many of the illness symptoms mimic others.

I can understand why the information on folks with COPD using Tyvaso falls short. Inhaling the medicine could irritate the COPD diseased lungs. You trade one set of problems for another in this case. But since I apparently have no spasms so far, this may work out OK. I am willing to try most anything before doing sub-q. Other problems exist with that.

However, the bottom line means I will endure what I must to stay alive. I realize this might change, but today, yes, life is good.

So today I will check with Doc to see if he wants me to increase Friday. Either way, I am good.

You're on my mind, Dude.

Later.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lady,
    I am sure happy to hear that Tyvaso is working well :))
    I know the weather just seems to be making a big turn-a-round..I love it..I know its a little cooler at your part but nice and still sunny here..that makes for a better day, in my opinion..Hope to catch up with ya soon..Take care! Hugs ..Luv ya:))

    ReplyDelete