Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Much more mundane

The boys follow a pretty strict morning routine. Creatures of habit for sure. The speed with which they added the Tyvaso first thing amazes me. Satchmo knows when I head out of the bathroom, I weigh myself. Usually he stands on the scale waiting for me. The guys at the insurance company would flip out if I gained 15 pounds overnight. Hmmm. Haha.

This morning I was out of Pogo's food. Last night he got ham. This morning I tried salmon. He was not having any of that. When I looked later, Pogo was stooping to dry food and Satchmo was eating the salmon.

***

Relationships take hard work. Seldom, if ever, does the story end with the prince wisking the servant off to Charmingville, or Ms. Hot Lips waiting with little to nothing on for you every day after work. Maybe the best relationships are like a pair of jeans that are almost white. Well-worn, comfortable and familiar.

***

Today marks the fifth full day on the Tyvaso. So far, so good. I had a few side effects: some shortness of breath and anxiousness in my chest. Now that happens only near the end of the day. Yesterday my 1 p.m. treatment fell just after I had eaten my large meal of the day. That treatment sent me to the couch and I ended up taking a five-hour nap. I probably would have slept on if not for the alarm for my 7 p.m. meds.

So I discovered I need to time meals around treatments.

***

Got a nice FB message yesterday. I appreciated hearing from D. The little things, the little things.

***

My thoughts go to K today. Positive vibes.......

***

Miss you Dude.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment