Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Another day

I have been pretty worthless lately. I had that burst of energy the first week I started Tyvaso and now that seems to have fled. Yesterday I managed to wash the dishes and sweep the kitchen floor. Not all that much.

The side effects hover just outside my consciousness. A minor headache, some stomach unease, nothing to worry about. I think I have taken four Tylenol since beginning the new drug. I have spent more time asleep late in the afternoon though. That usually means I wake up just in time for my last treatment of the day. That one knocks me on my rear and I go back to bed pretty quickly after that. I might grab a bite to eat. More likely I stare in the refrigerator and the cabinets and then give up.

In a couple of months, you will have been dead for a year. Much can happen in a year, yet it flies by in a blur.

I tried to make connection with your brothers. Neither really reciprocated, though they were polite. I do not wonder.

I ruined a couple of chances to make contact with some of your friends. Others graciously added me into their lives. These friends loved you and cared for you. They fit the definition of friend.

FB offers a forum for folks to spread their causes. Help cure ______ (you fill in the blank) by __________ (again, your choice). I can tell you from my perspective how irritating this gets. Of my 400 or so FB friends, about 275 to 300 have PH or CF. Papering your wall with PH stuff preaches to the choir. I agree we all have friends who need to know about PH or CF, but the majority of our friends also suffer from the disease. I am more interested in the daily lives of my friends. So far, no filter exists for that. Haha.

Got to overhaul my body before my appointment with Doc. I seem to procrastinate even more these days because I can. Not good.

What do you think, Dude?

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment