Sunday, October 17, 2010

Old friends

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHJNCSu3mI4&p=29B9BC1E79AC6367&playnext=1&index=15

Connie and I make good friends because she cannot sit still and I cannot get moving. Together we manage to get the job done.

Her body rebels with arthritis, mine with breathing woes. She pushes through her pain and treats taking her medicines like a religious rite.

She has problems getting numbers inverted and thinks computers are beyond her, yet she operates her remote for dish television. I use the computer all day long, but had to have help programming my remote.

Connie sees through people like they wear transparent clothes. I project goodness onto everyone; it takes me awhile to see the warts.

Connie would do anything for people. She saves her change to make a contribution to the local homeless shelter. She saves cans. With that money, she contributes to a church in the inner city which feeds children.

I enjoy brightening up people's days, preferably anonymously. I get more joy out of the experience than they do. Therefore am I selfish when I give to others? It would appear so.

Looks like I will make today a couch day.

Busy season, Dude.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment