Thursday, October 28, 2010

Now serving envy

I am doing something for a week that many music lovers would dearly love to do. I have been selected to participate in the Arbitron Radio Ratings, the Nielsen of radio if you will.

One keeps a diary of the times and types of music shows, etc., one listens to. Also included are Internet music sites, i.e., Pandora. I wonder if reading about the shows on the radio counts? Hmm. I guess not. Too bad, I am friends with The Eagle on FB.

The Eagle plays my generation's music, 1960s-'80s.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqfFrCUrEbY

I sat in the car this morning while Connie did some errands. She went into a party story for a card. There are various types of stores along this strip mall. I sat and guessed which stores the people were going into. One of the stores fits a category I call foofy. The store sells hair do-dads, necklaces, sunglasses, etc. My guesses for that store were 100 percent accurate. Ha!

I noticed the Pathlight (PHA magazine) has gone slick. Previous issues were printed on heavy stock paper, but no color photos, etc. Now heavy stock slick color pages. I hope the next step is design. The cover of the magazine this time was awful. And I am sure some money must be coming in because the printing of this type of magazine does not come cheap. I realize you need to spend money to make money, and recognition serves a purpose. I am not sure being the next hip disease will contribute to its cure any faster.

I hope the organization does not forget the patient in the process of growing.

Sound familiar, Dude?

Later

No comments:

Post a Comment