Tuesday, October 12, 2010

So far, so good

Doc said I sounded good and though objective, he said my pulmonary artery sounded better to him.

We talked about PH. He said PH nears the stage it no longer can be classified as an orphan disease. He said echoes are better and more drugs are available. He said we will discover that PH is not that rare. More docs are recognizing PH and there are now drugs to treat it so more cases will be reported.

He told me he will call when he thinks it is time to increase again. He also said now that I feel better, I need to exercise. *sigh* I got my monthly bloodwork drawn and a flu shot.

The receptionist recently had been in the hospital for a week with a blood clot in her lungs. The nurses noticed she was SOB and told Doc. Doc sent her to the hospital. Nice thing about working for a lung man.

If you have COPD and use o2, insurance companies require that you prove every time you go to the doc that your sats are low enough to continue using it. What? The companies think there are recreational o2 users abusing the insurance companies? Users bootleg tanks on the side? I wish someone would tell me the reasoning behind this one.

I cleaned out my desk drawer. Great you say? Ha. Now all the extraneous stuff sits atop the printer. One of these days ... one of these days ... one of these days.

Well, Dude, that is the way it is today, Oct. 12, 2010.

Later.

1 comment:

  1. Glad all things are going well :))
    Ya know, I was once told that O2 is a luxury!! WTH, really? I sure wish I was living that luxury lifestyle with my O2 and all ;)
    Crazy things insurance companies say and do...LOL
    Have a great week, and woohoo...Exercise :) HUGS:))

    ReplyDelete