Friday, October 29, 2010

Power of the people

Though today people cast their votes in various races, the headline of this blog post has nothing to do with elections.

A stalwart friend has stepped forward to support Sylvia after her transplant. If the Pulmonary Hypertension Association had a fund for things like air travel, more of us would go to support our fellow PHers when they need help. I know I would if I could. I do not have a family to tie me down or keep me from helping for a week to give caregivers a break.

Many of you who knew B. knew he died because he had inadequate support, so never could quality for a transplant. He was young.

The PHA does offer lots of needed services, I just think an additional one could save lives.

We the PHers and those who are caregivers should let the PHA know that a fund to help us help ourselves is important.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment