Saturday, October 23, 2010

I will sleep when I die

I sit staring at the screen, mesmerized by the blinking cursor. My imagination works overtime.

I think about you and your family. Funny, how with little information, I formed an image. Slowly details drift into the picture. Then my perceptions change and another scene takes its place.

I realize how special your friend was to you and now she extends that friendship to me. I begin to see a whole other life of yours. I feel special because I somehow have been admitted into the inner circle. (At least that is my perception.) I question the importance of this. Why does it matter so to me? Because in part, you still are here. I learn more about you by knowing the influences of your life.

Guess what? That only serves to endear. You were a blessing. Oh, you also had your moments of turmoil and angst, quite public ones at that. I can understand reaching out that way because isolation fosters ingenuity.

What would I do if I were given an extension of life but the reprieve came with strings: spending most of that time alone? How would I feel if someone took my trust, tore it into tiny bits and threw it back in my face? How would I react if someone tore my heart out by the roots?

One of these days, Dude.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment