Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Play ball!

I love day baseball. Growing up, there was no World Series at night. The game truly held the title of America's Pastime. I listened with about 27 other seventh-graders to a radio broadcast in Coach Glascock's science class. The class followed lunch. We sat at black lab tables with tiny sinks and gave the radio the attention we never gave Coach.

Today I get the chance to see day World Series baseball. The Rangers may be that team of destiny you always hear about. The cinderella story, David and Goliath. The series we listened to so raptly as kids also featured the Yankees.

Fans employ the claw and the antlers to rally the Rangers. Fun stuff, a team. No giant egos, just scrappy. Doing what baseball should do.

I feel as if I am in a void. I coast through the minimum daily requirements in neutral. 3 o'clock, time for meds. Noon, I must be hungry. The next day when I get up, I can offer no detailed account of my day. Washing dishes amounts to the only constructive chore I do.

I need to get out of this self-centered, wallow in the self-pity trough I am mired in. Some fight so hard to have life. I should learn to appreciate mine.

I miss you, Dude.

Later.

2 comments:

  1. Hey there CL..I think we all get in this self-pitty mode, but as one phriend said..you gotta eventually flush that pot!!
    Here's hoping that your days will get brighter and you feel better..emotionally as well as physically...Luv ya my friend...HUGS :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm ashamed of my team (the Yankees) ... they are doing sooooo poorly. But the Rangers are a great team as well and it's fun to watch the two "fight" it out.

    ReplyDelete