Thursday, October 28, 2010

Final hurdle

A friend posted a quote on her blog which essentially said live your life as if you would have to repeat every sigh, every word over and over. Kind of a "Groundhog Day." At the end of your life, would you be glad to do it all over again exactly the same? Something to ponder. Something I wish I knew earlier in my life. Too bad wisdom comes after the need of it is so great.

I have a friend who needs a lung transplant. She has jumped through all the hoops. Essentially the only problem delaying the life-giving surgery remains something I cannot do. She needs physical support for the six weeks or so after the operation. Too bad a group of sister PHers could not go and support. Or even better, PHA provide trained support for anyone who needs it.

After the final treatment yesterday, the muscles in my upper arms and the knee joints ached. I finally took two 500 mg Tylenol and my usual Xanax. Really, the sides I face are nothing. We shall see what happens after I increase for the final time.

With anonymous good deeds, you have to trust that the actions turned out well. You do not have the benefit of seeing the reactions.

Thanks for being my friend, Dude.
 
Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment